Celebrity spotlight can be bright

By ALEXANDRA SILVER

Many saw Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odem as a great television couple. They were entertaining and had a clear adoration for one another, but this quickly changed.

About a month ago, Lamar Odem was pulled over and arrested for driving under the influence. In a matter of days, magazine headlines read “cheating scandals” and “divorce” making many fans worry that this celeb couple was falling apart.

The rumors continued to spread viciously after Lamar was accused of being a drug dealer, intouchkhloedivorcecovercheater, and horrible husband. Of course these are simply rumors, said Khloe. Despite this, Lamar recently tweeted that he is going through a dark time and that Khloe and her family have been there to support him along the way.

Lamar’s father also took to social media and then accused Khloe of being a “phony” who does not have Lamar’s best interest in mind. Once again, Lamar took to twitter and wrote, “Won’t continue 2 speak on this but I have got 2 let this out real quick. I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of sh*t. He wasn’t there 2 raise me,” Lamar vented. “He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons. My mother and grandmother raised me. Queens raised me (FoxNews.com).”

It is clear that social media is making Lamar’s situation much more difficult than it should be. Despite his celebrity status he is human, will naturally make mistakes, and needs support from his loved ones and fans.

We can only hope that he will be on the road to recovery soon and that he will mend the relationships that have been strained by these series of unfortunate events.